CLUB ATLÉTICO QUIROGA Team


CLUB ATLÉTICO QUIROGA Team
Full name: Club Atlético Quiroga
City: Facundo Quiroga, Buenos Aires, República Argentina
Founded: May 1, 1917
League: Liga "Nuevejuliense" de Fútbol
Ground: "La Fortaleza"

 

Club Atlético Quiroga history
The Club Atético Quiroga was founded on May 1, 1917, with the union of several entities: Club Social Juventud Unida, and other soccer teams like railway team, Sarmiento, Rivadavia and others. The first executive committee was chaired by Juan Maccari, along with Angel Napoli, Juan Rositto, Modesto Cuello and Manuel García.
The first team was formed by sports enthusiasts: Alfredo Coralizzi,  Horacio de la Pesa, Cornelio Toledo, Pedro Sagardoy, Antonio Nessi, Julio Ortiz, Antonio J. Suarez, Ricardo Arce, Arístides Coralizzi,  Miguel Ramos and Carlos Gaizzi. Their first match was against a local rapresentative of R.J. Neild, losing 2 to 1 and the author of the first goal of Quiroga was Antonio J. Suarez.
Also in the first times they disputed games with the soccer team of the Basques of La Niña, that integrated Solaberrieta, Errecarret among others. The first colours that identified the club were red white vertical stripes.
In 1928, because of defeats and economic difficulties, a parallel team was created from the merger of Atlético Quiroga, Club Sportivo and Recreativo Quiroga (Which was a branch of the first) and it was established to use the name of Club Atlético Quiroga and adopt the colors violet and white. During the same years the Club bought the land where today there is his stadium. The new team started to play football, from 1930 to 1939, it participated in the official tournaments of the Regional Federation of the West, based in Bragado. Then in the decade of the 1950 the club participated in the championships of the Football of Lincoln, becoming champion in the years 1966, 1967 and 1968. In 1970 Quiroga joined the Football League of 9 de Julio, where until today it obtained the achievement of the "Apertura 2003" Tournament, losing the annual final with Atlético French. Two games were played, the first leg was favorable to Quiroga who won 1-0 with Radicciotti's goal. The second match was disputed in Quiroga, winning French 1 to 0. The challenge was defined by penalties and remaining Atletico Quiroga with the Sub-Championship of that season.
 
Facundo Quiroga town history
Alfredo Demarchi bought the lands of that zone to Carlos Salas in 1867, installing there the "El Socorro", dedicating to the breeding of Shorthorn cattle. Years later, the West Railway of Buenos Aires projected the extension of the western railway line, from Bragado, in the province of Buenos Aires, to General Pico, in the National Territory of La Pampa. In order to realize such a project, he asked the owners of the fields to donate the land in the path where the tracks would pass, putting the names of the donors to the respective railway stations. The engineer Demarchi requested that the station that was created in his lands would not bear his name, but that of his grandfather, the federal leader Juan Facundo Quiroga. This initiative was accepted by the company, but the government of the Province of Buenos Aires rejected it, naming the town with the name of the donor.

In QUIROGA there is the church Nuestra Senora Del Carmen, a beautiful building architecturally, there is a museum, retired center, traditionalist, independent theater, and in the month of October there is a movie festival.

In Quiroga there were workshops of the Western Railroad, as it was half way from Buenos Aires to General Pico. In 1923 a strike of the workers of these workshops exploded, due to the insufficient pay and the conditions of work to which they were submitted by workers. An anarchist movement was born, as a result of which all the workshops were set on fire; In response, the company dismantled what remained of the workshops and redistributed them between Mechita and Timote stations. The streets of the town bear the names of events and historical places related to the life of the Riojan leader.

 

sport

Currently Quiroga Athletic Club, founded on May 1, 1917, after the merger of the popular library and club disappeared railway.

 

Events

From the year 2002, a rock festival called "Rock al Campo" was held for 4 consecutive years. It is a space of expression made by bands and mainly bands from the interior. The festival was left in stand by until the year 2013 where it takes place again.

 

Curiosity

In Facundo Quiroga was born the actor Héctor Pellegrini, who acted - among other films - in La Patagonia rebelde, Turismo de carretera and Pajarito.